Am I a candidate for eyelid surgery?
Most patients who come to us for eyelid surgery in Austin are over 30 years old; however, adults of any age can have the procedure. Eyelid surgeries are a popular choice for individuals looking to reduce signs of aging, particularly droopy eyelids or under-eye bags. Although most candidates choose eyelid surgery for cosmetic reasons, it is also a functional surgery performed to remove sagging eyelid skin that interferes with vision.
You are a good candidate if you:
- Are healthy with no medical issues
- Are a non-smoker
- Have excessive drooping or sagging around the eyes
- Would like your eyes and upper face to look more youthful
You are not a good candidate if you:
- Have serious eye or medical conditions (glaucoma, diabetes, etc.)
- Have unrealistic expectations about what the procedure can accomplish