DR. JEANIE LUJAN
Facial Plastic Surgeon in Austin
Dr. Lujan is an American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) fellowship-trained surgeon specializing in both cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery. She offers a wide spectrum of aesthetic surgery and non-surgical treatments. Dr. Lujan is passionate about providing personalized care for her patients and delivering natural results. She is an active member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and has published on preservation rhinoplasty and nasal physiology.
After completing the highest level of training, Dr. Lujan offers a comprehensive collection of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, utilizing the most advanced and up-to-date techniques.
- Rhinoplasty including preservation rhinoplasty
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Liquid rhinoplasty
- Deep plane facelift and necklift
- Mini facelift and necklift
- Endoscopic brow lift
- Lateral/temporal browlift
- Trichophytic/hairline browlift
- Forehead reduction
- Forehead lipoma or osteoma removal
- Upper blepharoplasty
- Lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition
- Ear lobe reduction
- Torn or elongated ear lobe repair
- Buccal fat reduction
- Cheek augmentation with implants or filler
- Lip augmentation with lip lift, lip implants, or filler
- Chin augmentation with genioplasty, chin implant, or filler
- Chin reduction with genioplasty
- Submental/chin liposuction
- Facial fat grafting
- Laser treatments
- PRP/PRFM for hair loss and advanced wound healing
- Neuromodulators (Botox/Dysport)
- Dermal Fillers (Restylane, Juvaderm, Sculptra, Radiesse)
- Scar revision
- Excision of benign lesions of the head and neck
- Mohs reconstruction
- Facial laceration repair
- Facial fractures repair
Meet Dr. Lujan
Dr. Lujan’s medical career began in the Global Scholars Program, allowing her the opportunity to study medicine around the world. She studied in England, the island of Grenada, New York City, and finished her training in Ohio. This experience has given her a broader perspective in medicine and allows her to meet a diverse range of patient needs. She completed her otolaryngology residency training at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. She was then selected for a highly competitive, accredited fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. During fellowship, she fell in love with Texas and its people and is now proud to call it home. She is looking forward to raising a family with her husband and dog in Austin.
- College: B.S. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN
- Medical School: M.D. – Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
- Residency: Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery – University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) – Jose Barrera Texas Center for Facial Plastic & Laser Surgery, San Antonio, TX
- Texas Medical License: #S4875
- Texas DEA License
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Texas Medical Association
- Travis County Medical Society
- Magna Cum Laude, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Summa Cum Laude, Northeast Ohio Medical University
- 3rd place at Northeastern Ohio Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Society (NEOOHNSS) Resident Paper Competition
- Robert A. and George C. Schein Resident Research Award at Three Rivers Otolaryngology Update
- Sozansky J, Houser SM. “The physiological mechanism for sensing nasal airflow: a literature review.” Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2014; 4(10):834-8.
- Sozansky J, Josephson JS. “Cholesteatoma of the maxillary sinus: a case report and review of the literature.” Am J Otolaryngol 2015; 36(2):290-1.
- Sozansky J, Houser SM. “Pathophysiology of empty nose syndrome.” Laryngoscope 2015; 125(1):70-4.
- Chhabra N, Sozansky Lujan J, Houser SM. “Allergic Rhinitis and Migraine Headache.” Sinus Headache, Migraine, and the Otolaryngologist. Springer 2017; 7:111-120.
- Sozansky Lujan J, Houser SM. “Empty nose syndrome and atrophic rhinitis.” International Consensus Statement on Allergy and Rhinology: Allergic Rhinitis. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2018; 8(2):108-352.
- Clancy K, Sozansky Lujan J, Xia T, Zender C, Maronian N. “Outcomes of Tracheoesophageal Puncture in Twice-radiated Patients.” Am J Otolaryngol 2019; 40(6):102272.
- Sozansky Lujan J, Barrera J. “Step by Step Let Down Preservation Rhinoplasty Technique.” Facial Plast Surg Aesthet Med 2021.
- Invited speaker and cadaver dissection instructor on treatment of medial canthus webbing and facial plastic surgery at the Joint Base San Antonio Military Medical Center Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dissection Week, Wilford Hall Medical Research Center, San Antonio, TX, August 2020.
- Coordinator, head presenter, and lead resident trainer at the Neuromodulators and Fillers Resident Workshop which provided didactics and hands-on injection training for resident physicians, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, September 2018 and May 2019.
- Invited speaker and cadaver dissection instructor at the Advanced Head and Neck Anatomy Course on thyroid anatomy and surgery for senior medical students, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, April 2018.
- Author of otolaryngology curriculum for second year medical students at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, New York, NY, 2013.